Daily thoughts will be posted by ministry leaders to guide us during the 21 days. Feel free to comment.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Temperature of our hearts


Last night at the 24/7 Youth Service we talked about what happens when God's fire burns in us. One of the key passages we studied was about an event right after the resurrection when Jesus appeared to two men who were walking together discussing all the events that had just happened. After Jesus walked with them and explained the Scriptures to them, they said in amazement,

“Didn’t our hearts burn within us as he talked with us on the road and explained the Scriptures to us?” Luke 24:32

As I studied this passage, I had to ask myself how often I feel that passionate burning sensation in my heart - the one that only comes when I'm walking with Jesus and when He "explains the Scriptures to me". I'd like to encourage you to join me in pursuing that Presence every day. Pursuing that intimacy that heats up our hearts and the relationship that stirs our passion. Let's make the time to encounter Jesus in such a way that we can say at the end of the day, "our hearts burned within us as he talked with us..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought last night went great! It seems the kids are getting in the right mode and really paying attention to what God is saying through you, Filipe.
Let's pray for that mode to stick all year long!