Daily thoughts will be posted by ministry leaders to guide us during the 21 days. Feel free to comment.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

48 Hours of Prayer

Over the next 48 hours (Sunday 5 pm - Tuesday 6 pm), we are entering a time of continual prayer.  All of the Genesis & 24/7 Core Team members have taken an hour each to go into a Prayer Closet (a modern day Tent of meeting) to seek God's face over our ministries, our communities, the 2008 elections and our world.  Please pray for us!  We are expecting to meet with God here.  I am actually in the prayer room right now starting it all off and I just wanted to invite you to join us.  If you have any prayer request, leave us a comment on this blog or you can email us and we will make sure that your prayer gets covered.   I can't explain to you just how cool this is in here!  The I-pod is playing, the candles are burning, communion is on the table, the walls are covered with paper so that we can write what we feel God is telling us. Way cool!  More importantly the presence of the Holy Spirit is thick in here!  I will be blogging and telling you what is happening!  I love you guys and I'm so stoked to be on this journey with you!   

Go God!
Rodney

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor talked Sunday about forgiveness. I've had a difficult relationship or lack of with my earthly father for numerous years now. He has attacked me from every direction and God has been faithful in protecting me in every circumstance.

Each time he has attacked I think I've forgiven him and moved on but then he comes at me again. I know this falls under the 7 x 70 clause but I wonder because of the emotions I feel at each new attack whether maybe I hadn't really forgiven him? My request is that I can truly forgive and know this in my heart.

We do not have communication or relationship at this point. I would like to lift my dad up in prayer that God would help him to see clearly from God's perspective and free him from Satan's grip that one day our relationship could be healed and be used as a testiment to God's glory.

Rodney Richard said...

I don't know who you are but you are being prayed for. Remember the cross, it was about a death that brought freedom. When you give forgiveness it may cost but in the end it will bring you freedom. It may not be accepted by him (just like many people don't accept Christ forgiveness but it's there if they want it) but give it any way!