Daily thoughts will be posted by ministry leaders to guide us during the 21 days. Feel free to comment.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Living Our Faith!!!!

Wow!!! I am crazy excited about the next 21 days. It's going to be really amazing to see what happens when we truly dedicate our lives to God. I mean I know that our lives should constantly be a dedication to God but for some reason I feel like I am making more of declaration by joining in on this 21 days of prayer. Maybe this can be something that we as a ministry and as a people can let take control of us and possibly change who we become. Man that would be cool!!!!

The last couple of months I have been studying this idea of faith. Faith is something much bigger than what I had ever thought it to be.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

Faith is not something that we are supposed to have; it is something that we are supposed to live. Our faith is a result of being SURE of what we hope for and CERTAIN of what we do not see. I think we all have a weird understanding of the word hope. God says in scripture to be sure of our hope in him. Most of the time the very reason I hope for things is because I'm not sure about them. God wants us to put our hope in him and be sure of that hope.

For too long i have had "faith" without any results. Does my faith influence a change in my life? The difference between having faith and living faith is results. This is why I love what this next 21 days will bring, because it is challenging us to live our faith. God is going to do some amazing things in the next couple of weeks!!!

No comments: