Daily thoughts will be posted by ministry leaders to guide us during the 21 days. Feel free to comment.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

DAY 2!

Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.  So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing.  I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified. 
- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Well yesterday was awesome and strange at the same time.  I loved spending some quality and quantity time with God but without eating my head was feeling funky!  Today, I feel so much better.  Over the next 19 days we will encounter many emotions and feelings (awesome and strange) so hold on.   

The first thing I'm noticing is how strange my body can feel after just a day or so with out food.  It makes me wonder how our spirit men must feel without food?  It's no wonder that christians who don't feed their spirit men can fall into sin so easily.  

The second thing that I'm learning is how much that I eat on a daily bases.  My fast for the first week is food so 'm trying to replace my food or my desire for food with prayer or reading the Bible.  My weakness is food.  I crave food, it's smell, the texture but most of all the taste.  I'm praying that God will give me that kind of desire for spiritual food as well.

I'm excited that we are on this journey together!  We have only just began and I feel God already doing somethings in my life.  My prayer for us is that we wouldn't sprint through this time and miss the ride.  Enjoy and grow as you go! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Let's make the most of it!