Daily thoughts will be posted by ministry leaders to guide us during the 21 days. Feel free to comment.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

FINALLY!!!

A few nights ago I completed four nights of night shift. Working nights is nothing new to my wife or me, however working night shift while being married is something completely different. See Celeana and I have just officially been married one month as of January 15th , so working night shift while being married is not something that we are used too. I never thought some one could miss somebody so much in just a few nights time. Two people operating in two different time areas, passing by each other in the morning, having to call each other on the way home from work and on the way to work just to hear each other’s voices. I missed her like crazy!!! I finally got off for a few days and we have been able to spend some time together talking and laughing. Just to eat a meal with each other, or watch a movie together, not even talk but to enjoy each other’s company has just been the happiest feeling in the world. Last night we went for a drive. We didn’t even know where we were going. The only thing that we knew was, we were together…finally!!

I wonder if that is the way God has felt these past 21 days of prayer. Has he said, “Finally!!!”? God is so incredible with his love and passion for us, and for some of us, these past 21 Days of Prayer have been the most time that we have spent consecutive amounts of time with Him. Do we feel the same since of relief and peace from having been in his presence? Maybe our sleepless nights, or stressful work weeks have stemmed from our lack of time with our loving God, yet when we began seeking God these past few days, our sleep became a little easer, or our weeks became a little more productive. This is just something that I have been thinking about and I wanted to share it with you. Let’s finish out these last few days more passionate than ever. Let’s continue in our pursuit of His presence and guidance even after all of the hype and counting is over. It has been a pleasure and an honor sharing with you what God has been speaking to me and I am praying for you.

1 comment:

Rodney Richard said...

Every time you blog, we all want to hug you! Thank you for keeping it real!