Daily thoughts will be posted by ministry leaders to guide us during the 21 days. Feel free to comment.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Prayer

When i was a kid i remember one of the hardest things for me to do was to actually carry a conversation with my friends' parents, especially the father. Every time i would make a new friend and the father wanted to meet me i would shake, especially if this was a female friend. Crazy thoughts would go in my head..."what do i say?" "what if i ran out of things to say?" etc. As we come to the end of the 21 days of prayer i thought about that....How many times are we asked to pray and those crazy thoughts come to our head? How do i talk to our Father?


After a few days of getting to talk to my friend's father i would start to feel very comfortable and over time the talks would get easier and easier, i would never run out of things to say. It is awesome how after 21 days of prayer, 21 days of going out of our ways, habits, eating agendas to spend more time with God, our relationship with Him gets stronger and stronger. The fears of running out of things to pray about are gone!

Prayer enriches you because prayer is intimate time with God. When we pray we praise God, we repent of our sins, we ask for forgiveness and many other needs we may have, and also, we submit to God's will.

2 comments:

JEM said...

Thank you all for your time and contributions in the last 21 days.

I pray that we don't stop here. WE have just gotten started. God has so much for us to do at Northwood Assembly, in our community, and in the World through the mission ministry.

God prompted me in my spirit to read the Old Testament. I have to be honest I really didn't want to. The Old Testament always seemed so boring to me and hard to understand. I know that I have matured in spirit, because I obeyed and have truly embraced the scriptures and haven't found it boring at all. I actually have been very inspired and amazed at how God has used it to guide me in my daily life. I also understand the New Testament better than I ever have before.

I'm reading Daniel and WOW it has really opened my eyes to how close we really are to his end time prophecy. Today while reading Daniel 7 and 8... I was led to Luke 21: 8-36. Jesus told the disciples to be on constant watch for His return and to be spiritually fit.

I truly hope this blog will continue on...so we will all continue to grow spiritually and
accomplish our purpose as God so directs us now and in the day's before us.

Anonymous said...

So true! The closer we get with God, the more comfortable we feel when we pray. It is not about saying the big words or sounding all smart and proper. We just need to honestly tell Him that we love Him and summit to His will for our lives. He already knows what we are going to say to Him; but He just needs to hear it from our mouth.