Daily thoughts will be posted by ministry leaders to guide us during the 21 days. Feel free to comment.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Open Arms

Isaiah 66 (New Living Translation)
1
 The Lord says,

   “I was ready to respond, but no one asked for help.
      I was ready to be found, but no one was looking for me.
   I said, ‘Here I am, here I am!’
      to a nation that did not call on my name.
 2 All day long I opened my arms to a rebellious people.
      But they follow their own evil paths
      and their own crooked schemes.

I was reading this for breakfast this morning and it got me to thinking about how I respond to His voice.

  1. I often forget that He is calling out to us waiting for us to respond.
  2. He is everywhere and in everything trying to teach something if we will only listen
  3. That He has open arms that are waiting for us to run into.
  4. If we are not following His voice, whose are we following?
Anyways, I'm excited that you are joining us as we respond to His voice and run into His loving open arms. 

Maybe, like me, you may need to do a U-TURN on some cooked path that you find yourself on .  DO IT NOW!! 
If so, go and check out this video -
www.cornerstonesimi.com/sermons/video/2007-12-16_Francis_Chan_Getting_Real.mov

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched the video and it really challenged me to get real and seek God on his terms not on my own terms.