Daily thoughts will be posted by ministry leaders to guide us during the 21 days. Feel free to comment.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Not judging.......a different result


Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemed. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Luke 6:37-38

How many times have i heard that phrase " If you keep doing what you are doing you will always get the same result"? I have heard that phrase over and over ever since i was a very young man starting my way into the world of sales! And later as i became a Christian I kept hearing it, yet, how many times do I really apply it?

As we often pray, we ask God for favors, for many things we may need, for fixing the broken relationships we may have, for a financial need we may be dealing with. But how about asking God for wisdom in how to change our ways to get a different result?

This past weekend opened my eyes, as the message on Sunday touched a little on broken relationships, and it was mentioned how for some people the holiday season is tough and we may spend time with people we really do not want to spend time with. I felt as if everything was directed towards me, because, I am that Christian with those struggles. I realized that I was the one with the problem not them! I realized I am the one who can take the initiative to fix this. I am the Christian in this relationship! Who am I to judge any one's actions? I realized that i will never get any positive result if i keep acting the same way, it is time to change my ways.

We often have people around us that may fall, may be living a life that we do not necessarily agree with. We are all sons and daughters of God, we are all brothers and sisters and as a family we need to stick together never judging each other's actions, but rather help those in trouble to get closer to God, to pray, to change their ways to get a different result......and then, we start seeing our own different result.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor talked Sunday about forgiveness. I've had a difficult relationship or lack of with my earthly father for numerous years now. He has attacked me from every direction and God has been faithful in protecting me in every circumstance.

Each time he has attacked I think I've forgiven him and moved on but then he comes at me again. I know this falls under the 7 x 70 clause but I wonder because of the emotions I feel at each new attack whether maybe I hadn't really forgiven him? My request is that I can truly forgive and know this in my heart.

We do not have communication or relationship at this point. I would like to lift my dad up in prayer that God would help him to see clearly from God's perspective and free him from Satan's grip that one day our relationship could be healed and be used as a testiment to God's glory.

Anonymous said...

Sorry ... comment was supposed to be left on "48 hours of prayer"