Daily thoughts will be posted by ministry leaders to guide us during the 21 days. Feel free to comment.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Names on the Wall

I have really been trying to put 1 Thessalonians 5:17 into action and "Pray without ceasing" as it says. Today when I went to Wal-Mart I really felt the Spirit speaking to me. Yes, I said at Wal-Mart. I felt as though I had a really keen sense of discernment at that moment and God was telling me how much the world was hurting just by crossing paths with some of these people. I didn't go up to anyone and witness to them, but I was definitely willing to if God told me to. And that is the level of obedience I want to be at every moment. I want my awareness level to be operating that highly at all times, but that is where I must be focused and bold enough to share my faith with those God calls me to share it with. If I am constantly praying, God will open up those doors to share the Good News with those who need to hear it.

So, with that said, I really want to reach out those who are unreached. Pastor Fred reiterated on our mission statement which is "To make fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ of unchurced people". He also made the point that everything we do must spring from that statement and carry us toward fulfilling it. All you have to do is think about people at your workplace or just be aware of your surroundings at a place as casual as Wal-Mart and then be obedient enough to act on sharing your faith with that person.

Those names on the walls in the Extension are a great reminder to us to be in prayer for those who are lost. I love praying over those names every Wednesday morning; over the names I wrote and over the names that others wrote. If we continue to be faithful in praying over them, I have faith that God will answer those prayers. Be in prayer that God would open your eyes to those who need you to reach out to them. Also, pray that we as the Body of Christ can be bold enough to invest in those people's lives and invite them to one of our worship services.

It is so awesome when God gets all the glory for someone coming to know Chirst as their Savior. Be aware. Be bold. Share the Word. Extend a hand in love.

No comments: